“Maybe I’ll go where I can see stars, he said to himself as the car gained velocity and altitude…”
Philip K. Dick, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Summer weekend getaways are something we all look forward to. Whether it be the beach, a lake, a friends house, or headed to a campground minimalist packing is essential and will make your trip so much more enjoyable. Here are a few of my favorites that will make you a getaway packing pro!
1. Sunscreen: A must have during any season. The Honest Company has a great SPF 30 that is chemical free and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes!
2. Swim Wear: If you are looking for eco friend swimwear you don’t have to go very far to get it. Everything But Water (found in most malls) carries a line called Vitamin A and they have an Ecolux line! This one called the Aruba Molded Bandeau is great for both comfort and isn’t going to come off in the water. Did I mention how stylish it is! They have several other colors and styles so make sure to check them out!
3. Dry Off: Think eco friendly and 100% cotton means a lofty price tag? You would be wrong! This Linum Home Textiles Fun in the Sun Pestemal towel is just that! It’s made from 100% Turkish cotton and is fast drying and eco friendly! You can find it on Gilt for $29 and it comes in other colors too!
4. Cover Up: Some people hate them others love them. Regardless of your stance they are a good thing to throw in your bag for both sun protection out of the water and also as a great transitional piece. I’m currently loving this Elliot stretch crochet coverup from Prana.
Relax A Bit…
It’s time to sit by the camp fire or maybe just relax and chat with friends (maybe with a glass of wine or two). Why not do it in comfort!
1. Stay Warm: I always bring a lightweight sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt to wear in the evenings. This Brushed Eco-Jersey Raglan shirt from Alternative Apparel is perfect for keeping the chills away.
2. It’s Okay to be Flirty: These ASOS Reclaimed Vintage co-ord Shorts with a little bit of frill and floral are perfect to just relax in while maintaining your stylish integrity.
3. Keep Up The Comfort: White is in this summer and Birkenstock just can’t get it wrong this season. Give these white patent leather Arizona sandals a try and you definitely won’t be disappointed.
4. Accessorize: If you feel a little naked without an accessory or two keep it simple. Tribe Alive has some great pieces like this necklace and Triangle Stud Earring that will go with anything you can pair with them 🙂
Time to Head Home…
Before you head home you are probably going to want to have a little breakfast or maybe even some brunch! Dress for the occasion by only bringing a simple tunic and use your other pieces to make the outfit! People Tree has some great options and this Zandra Rhodes Check Dress is a perfect addition to your bag!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!